Restructuring and Insolvency
Hamilton is a leading firm within Restructuring and insolvency law in Sweden, with more than 50 years of experience in financially distressed situations. The resturcturing and insolvency practice has handled some of the most complex bankruptcies and company restructurings in Sweden, including the bankruptcies of ONOFF and Expert and the restructurings of NEVS and Componenta. The team works seamlessly with our firm’s banking and finance practice, offering advise also in matters such as financial restructuring, refinancing and issues relating to guarantees and security.
Hamilton are frequently engaged as:
- Bankruptcy administrators
- Administrators of company reorganisations
- Advisers in out-of-court financial restructurings
Hamilton also advises clients on other insolvency related matters, including:
- Voluntary compositions or similar extrajudicial insolvency proceedings
- Matters relating to personal liability and director liability
- Insolvency disputes, such as recovery and unpermitted value distribution
- Creditor representative in bankruptcies, company reorganisations and other insolvency-related situations
Bankruptcies and company restructurings often involve issues across several areas of Commercial law and business sectors. Hamilton’s Restructuring and Insolvency practice works closely together with Hamilton’s other practices.